About the Bay Area Chamber of Commerce
The Bay Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC) is a non-profit, professional organization made up of the Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston business communities (Oregon’s Bay Area). Together we work to create a strong business voice, promote business and improve the economy of the Bay Area. Businesses in the Bay Area increasingly endorse the Chamber of Commerce and we continue to be recognized as a vital link between the Cities, State and regional parties of leadership, and act as the promoting entity for community spirit within the Bay Area.
About the Position
The Executive Director is the Administrator of the organization. Plans, develops, implements, directs and monitors the activities of the Chamber’s program of action. Allocates staffing and evaluates employees. Manages employee relations and employee development. Coordinates and directs marketing of Chamber and its events and projects. Responsible for fiscal and facilities management.
About the Candidate
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
* A Bachelor’s degree, Certified Chamber Executive certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to speak and write effectively.
* Proven, effective leadership skills and the ability to organize resources, volunteers and activities.
* Demonstrate successful experience in business, industry, or government in a managerial capacity.
* Have proven ability to relate in a positive manner with public and media.
* Be knowledgeable of procedures and processes of government.
* Have skills and ability to write letters of communication, media releases and a monthly newsletter.
* Show experience in working harmoniously with volunteers and committees. Must have evidence of multitasking abilities, flexibility, and adaptability.
* Demonstrate effective listening skills, demonstrate tact and diplomacy. Prefer minimum three years’ experience as employee or volunteer of a chamber. Must have ability to market, promote and present.
* And advanced skills and understanding of personal computer software and its applications.